About the Company
At Changing Lives Together our vision is to enable people to move forward, to give them confidence and take control of their lives. We prepare people for the work place and teach them the vital life skills and sense of worth which will energise them to succeed for themselves. We also support individuals and families that make up a “place” to become a community.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Warehouse supervisor, the Warehouse Driver/ Loader will add value throughout the organisation, ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective.
Our vans are out on the road and in the public eye - so it’s vital you drive in a safe, responsible way and provide service with a friendly smile and helpful attitude.
You’ll be the ‘face of Changing Lives Together’, providing a vital service to the community and helping volunteers gain valuable work experience.
Our customers will be expecting the same warm and helpful service that they receive in store. Not only that, they also expect you to arrive when you say you will, so you’ll work to tight deadlines to ensure your collections and deliveries reach the customer on time.
This role is crucial in determining how well Changing Lives Together manages its resources and satisfies its customers and is therefore critical to organisational success
Overall Job Purpose
· To support all warehouse operations as required including: receipt, storage and processing of donated furniture, electrical goods and waste stream
· Use processes, procedures and management systems to control operations, boost productivity and raise quality standards
· Make best use of internal resources
· Help and offer suggestions to control and grow all waste recycling activities
· Be actively involved in training programmes
· Provide ongoing support to colleagues and volunteers
· Be innovative and able to use own initiative
· Provide excellent customer service, understanding customers, resolving or forwarding complaints
· Prepare the vehicle for operation by inspecting daily; obtaining or scheduling repairs, validating adherence to road ability standards.
· Load vehicle by ordering, placing and securing items.
· Deliver items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the vehicle; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
· Level 1/2 Maths and English
· First Aid at Work qualification or prepared to undertake
· Valid driving licence
· Full driving License
· Proven experience of working in a busy operational environment
· Experience of compiling risk assessments
· Experience of stock control
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Knowledge of computer operation and MS Office
· Knowledge of the tools, equipment used in warehouse and operational environment
· Skill in both verbal and written communication
· Skills – working with others and as a team
· A commitment to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
· Strong commitment to Equal Opportunities
· Strong alignment with CLT values