About the Company
At Changing Lives Together our vision is to enable people to move forward, to give them confidence and take control of their lives. We prepare people for the work place and teach them the vital life skills and sense of worth which will energise them to succeed for themselves. We also support individuals and families that make up a “place” to become a community.
Our drivers play a key role in the safe delivery operations of the Community Transport service. We transport some of the most vulnerable members of our community. You are not just a driver, you become a member of the passenger’s support team and as such must be empathetic, caring and patient with them.
About the Role
Reporting to the Community Transport Manager to provide a professional, safe, efficient, and reliable transport service for members of the public including vulnerable adults and/or vulnerable children and young people. The driver/PA will work co-operatively with each other and all members of the team and clients.
Drivers/PA’s are ambassadors for the organisation and should always be customer and safety focused and courteous.
Main Responsibilities and duties:
1. Overall Job Purpose
· To ensure high standards of customer service are applied at all times.
· To adopt and follow all safe driving practices at all times.
· To drive the vehicles or undertake the role of PA on the routes assigned as and when required. To be responsible for the day to day safe driving operation of the vehicle, passengers and staff. The driver/PA may be required to help passengers on and off the bus and accompany them to and from their front door when necessary.
· To perform routine checks daily. Complete vehicle check sheets daily prior to the start of the shift, including, fuelling the buses. Reporting any concerns, problems, and defects with the vehicle or other matters to the Community Transport team.
· To be responsible for the security of the vehicle at all times during the shifts allocated.
· To pick up passengers according to running sheets and using /storing any personal information about clients in line with the Data Protection Policy at all times.
· To be able to read a map and plan a route around the areas covered by Dial-A-Ride.
· To be responsible for picking up the vehicle from its depot and returning it there at the end of the shift. Ensuring vehicles are brushed out and litter removed at the end of the day.
· To keep appropriate records and to be responsible for the accounting and paying in of takings.
· To understand the role and responsibilities in applying safe evacuation of vehicle procedures in the event of an emergency
· To always wear safety jackets (and any other PPE that has been issued) and make sure an identification badge is clearly visible at all times
· To follow all health and safety requirements including Lone Working
2. Usual accountabilities
· To receive, store and process data (in whatever form or medium such data takes – e.g. electronic and/ or documented) in a confidential manner and in accordance with the Company’s agreed data management policies.
· To attend all team and organisational meetings
· To promote the conduct and ethos of the organisation at all times
· To understand and apply all CLT policies and procedures in all areas of your employment.
· To be fully aware of the Safeguarding Policy and procedures and to report any concerns in line with the policy.
· All members of staff are expected to be committed to the aims and objectives of the Equal Opportunities Policy.
· To attend any relevant team meetings and or training to support continued professional development
· The driver/PA may be asked to carry out other duties as required. These duties will normally be compatible with the regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes a regular occurrence it will be included in the job description after consultation with the employee.
· This job description is subject to regular review in accordance with changing organisational needs and consultation.
Drivers will be required to be flexible and will be needed to also carry out Passenger Assistant duties as required.
· D1 Licence Required
· GCSE Maths, English Level C or above (or equivalent)
· MIDAS or equivalent ( part of training mechanism - successful applicants)
· First Aid Certificate
· Health and Safety qualification
Knowledge and understanding
· Recent experience of working within a driving environment
Recent experience of Driving a Minibus
· Working with older people, vulnerable adults, children & Young people
· Previous experience of working within the charity sector
· Handling Cash
Skills and aptitudes
· Health and Safety focused
· Excellent Customer Service Standards
· Understanding of working in a confidential manner
· Can work as part of a team
· Responds to challenges
· Empathy with the client group
· Flexible Approach
· Shares CLT values
· This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Job Type: Part-time. Flexibility with hours but ideal working pattern – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Part-time hours:10 – 12 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime
Salary: £10.90 per hour