About the Company
At Changing Lives Together (CLT) our vision is to enable people to move forward, to give them confidence and take control of their lives. We prepare people for the workplace and teach them the vital life skills and sense of worth which will energise them to succeed for themselves. We also support individuals and families that make up a “place” to become a community.
About the Role
The Associate Finance Manager role is essential for the continued commercial success and growth of the charity. You will work closely with our Head of Finance report directly to her. Your main role and responsibility is to assist with the finance and payroll functions of the charity. This is a broad remit and includes supporting and assisting with the smooth and efficient running of the charity’s finances and compliance obligations. Working closely with our Head of Finance and the wider Finance Team, you will be involved in recording and processing financial information, invoicing, bank reconciliations and the preparation of management accounts. You will have excellent knowledge of SAGE accounting software and also have excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified (Level 4) but we will consider candidates who are part qualified or working towards a recognised AAT, ACA or ACCA qualification. A full study support package is available for the right candidate (in what context, what would be offered). Experience of working in the charitable sector is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
We offer a supportive, collegiate and supportive working environment (how would we evidence this if asked). You will receive a generous holiday entitlement of 30 days per year (including any Public or Bank Holidays), free on-site parking, pension scheme and death in service at 3 times salary. This role is offered on a part-time / + per week basis. However, there is scope to increase hours in the future
Overall Job Purpose
The role will primarily involve assistance and support for the accounting and payroll functions of the charity and to include:
• To provide a full finance administration support service to the Finance Department of Changing Lives Together working closely with the Head of Finance.
• To ensure that accurate and timely financial information is recorded and processed using the SAGE accounts system.
• To assist in the provision of the organisation’s financial management service to ensure the charity operates effectively and is compliant with all legal and sector requirements.
• Work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure proper financial management, compliance with internal procedures, legal requirements and charitable accounting compliance.
• Ensure that accurate financial records are maintained.
• Assist with the maintenance of banking, insurance arrangements, salary payments and service agreements.
• Provide relevant information to the Head of Finance to assist with the preparation of financial reports for the Trustee Board, funding applications and funding returns.
• Ensure the raising and payment of invoices, receipts and expenses and associated records are maintained including dealing with queries and credit control.
• Assist in the preparation for annual year-end audit of accounts in conjunction with the Head of Finance, Treasurer (we have no treasurer) and Auditors.
• Process bill payments from bank, and all receipts and record all transactions in a timely and accurate way, using the SAGE accounting system.
• Undertake reconciliation of all bank accounts.
• Assist with financial reports to support funding bids.
• Assist in completing funder returns, returns to the charity and due diligence information for potential funders and partner organisations.
• To assist with ad hoc finance and accounting work and some support for payroll.